Austin Water Bikes offers a unique way to view Lady Bird Lake and the Congress Bridge Bats. Most customers rent the water bikes and rentals are available daily from 10am to dusk every day of the week during the summer, weather permitting. During the winter, hours shift to open at noon. Besides rentals, Austin Water Bikes also feature an evening tour centered around viewing the bats. This provides a premium way to view the bats and a nice escape from the Austin summer heat. You're sure to catch some picture perfect moments on Lady Bird Lake in gorgeous downtown Austin. The water bikes are eco-friendly and very easy to use. They are a blend of a kayak and a bicycle powered only by your peddling capacity and desire to explore. Water bikes can cruise up to 7 miles an hour, but do not general result in getting wet. Come check us out behind the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Austin.
About the Experience
- We provide you with a stop watch – so you don’t have to hurry back on the hour in fear of getting charged for another whole hour – you only pay for your time on the water bike
- We always give you a one minute instruction of how to ride the water bikes . Our unique product allows you to safely enjoy your ride to have a great experience.
- We have restrooms at the Hyatt Hotel.
- The water bikes have a waterproof container for your valuables while you’re on the water and you can take your cell phone or camera.
- We have a parking garage.
- Price: $17.00 per hour
- Monday – Friday: 12:00 pm - Dark
- Saturday & Sunday: 11:00 am – Dark
- First come first serve
Sunset Bat Tours:
- Price: $20 per hour
- 7 Days at week
- Time varies throughout the year based on sunset
- Only from March to October
- All rentals are weather permitting and schedule may change daily.
- Reservations Required
Thank you for your message!
One of our staff members will respond shortly.
Enjoy sleight-of-hand magic, stage illusions and an array of audience participation magic as well as a museum showcasing the history of magic.
Check out these 5 fun ways to view the Congress Bridge Bats in Austin Texas. This is the largest urban bat colony in North America and we outline ways to view them by boat, kayak, water bike, and more!
Austin Duck Adventures offers a combined land and water tour of Austin sights with amphibious vehicles. It's the ultimate Austin adventure.
The Lyndon Baines Johnson (LBJ) Library and Museum located in Austin, TX is one of the ten presidential libraries administered by the National Archives and Records Administration.
Inner Space Cavern outside of Austin, TX offers an adventure into an exciting cavern below the earth's surface filled with history, mystery and chemistry!
Austin Water Bikes rentals and tours is the premier way to view Lady Bird Lake in gorgeous downtown Austin. You and your friends or family can explore the lake area, taking in all the sights and sounds that downtown Austin has to offer.
Austin's latest addition to high-end fashion and ambiance, The Domain features 700,000 square feet of fabulous fashion, restaurants, and nightlife. Located in North Austin near the intersection of Hwy 183 and Mopac (Loop 1).
Barton Springs Pool in Austin's favorite swimming hole. Located on the edge of Zilker Park its a great place to escape the heat and enjoy the outdoors.
Nestled on the shores of Scenic Town Lake at the Hyatt Regency, Capital Cruises offers bat watching, dinner cruises, party boats, sightseeing tours, boat rentals and group events and outings!
Austin's Lady Bird Lake winds 10 miles through downtown Austin featuring spectacular views, photo opportunities, and a great place for some exercise!